The Koster Moisture Tester Deluxe Bundle– everything you need to ensure accurate moisture content readings. This moisture meter quickly and easily measures the moisture and dry matter content of an array of materials, including grains, corn, forage, silage, wheat, wood, soybean, mushrooms, and even leather. It’s highly efficient in its results and provides a quick answer that reduces guesswork when trying to assess wet or dry material.
Our Koster Digital Scale is now battery-powered or USB powered, depending on your needs.
This product is used to measure the moisture and dry matter content of silage, forage, corn, grain, and other materials. It can be used to control the dry matter intake in total mixed rations (TMRs). Our moisture meter is very accurate, with a measurement range of 0% to 85% moisture content and an accuracy of 0.1%.
It’s important to regularly test the moisture content of your yields for a number of reasons:
- Excess moisture in stored grain or forage can lead to the growth of mold fungi.
- Nutrients can be lost when crops are ensiled with excess moisture, as the weep or drain-off contains valuable nutrients.
- Harvesting hay with too low of a moisture content can result in heavy leaf drop-off, which reduces the feeding value of the crop.
- Forage with moisture content between 30% and 40% can lead to storage combustion, potentially destroying both the forage and the storage structure.
- Ensiling process, a crucial step for crop fermentation, requires moisture content to be within a specific range for optimal results.
- Knowing the moisture content of feed ensures that animals are fed the correct amounts, allowing them to grow and produce efficiently.
- Without knowing the moisture content, it is impossible to accurately determine the value of grains, forage, and other commodities. Using Koster Moisture Meter will help you to have an essential tool in any Crop Production Operation and Hay Moisture Test takes only 30 minutes.